Petzl Ange L Carabiner
Petzl ANGE L
Lightweight carabiner with MonoFil Keylock gate
The ANGE L carabiner represents the best of both traditional solid and classic wire gate carabiners.
It combines the fluidity of a solid gate with the lightness of a wire gate. Petzl’s MonoFil Keylock technology and the H-shaped cross-section make the ANGE L carabiner lightweight, 34 grams, and offer an optimal strength/weight ratio. So it’s ideally suited for climbers looking to reduce weight while keeping the functionality of a standard size carabiner. The shape of the nose is designed to optimize clipping and unclipping.
- Very lightweight, standard size carabiner:
– weighing 34 g, it helps lighten the load during rock or alpine climbing ascents. It is also well-suited for those looking to minimize weight without sacrificing the ease of clipping or strength
– size and strength/weight ratio of the carabiner are optimized, thanks to its specific profile and the H-shaped cross-section
- Efficient to use:
– the deflector works with the shape of the carabiner to promote proper positioning of the carabiner on the major axis, and helps with clipping
– the tabs on the bottom of the carabiner help keep the STRING in place to better align the quickdraw sling along its major axis
- Great durability and reliability:
– the MonoFil Keylock gate ensures smoother opening and closing of the carabiner and a much longer lifetime compared to traditional wire gate carabiners. The wire gate is inset within the frame, reducing the chance of it rubbing against the rock
– the nose of the carabiner has a hole that allows ice, snow or dirt to be cleared out
– wide rope and anchor contact surfaces for better rope glide and reduced wear on the carabiner